Today I am doing a special post. I don’t usually do these kind of personal posts but I wanted to share some of my projects from the fashion class that I take at my school. The semester is over so I will not have this class next semester. One assignment in the class was to create a couture dress made only out of newspaper (we cheated a little by making some of the flowers of out napkins). I paired up with three girls to create this dress. We created the base from thick white paper. After that step, we layered the dress with a lot of newspaper. We all came up with the design of the dress, but each of us contributed in our own way to the dress. I think the final result of the dress was fantastic and that our hard work payed off. The picture below is a picture of me and the dress:
I also created a mood board along with three outfits inspired by the mood board. I named the mood board Afrochic because the clothing that I designed was inspired by different elements of the fashion and mood of Africa. (Please ignore my teacher’s writing on my second design)
Another project I did was a poster board showcasing five designs from my clothing line called Suspended Desert. The style of the clothing is modeled after the movement of the sand, as well as the different colors of the sand and the contrasting color of the sky.
I hope you liked them!
Thanks for stopping by,
What is so amazing about Warby Parker is that for every pair sold, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need. Glasses allow people to see, to learn, to work, and yet lots of people do not have access to them. There have been a million pairs of glasses distributed to people in need because of Warby Parker.
Besides the fact of how great this company’s intentions are, their new spring collection has a variety of cool and stylish glasses inspired by the sea. Although it is still winter, before you know it, it’ll be spring, and Warby Parker is already diving right into the warm weather. Warby Parker is introducing eight new shapes and six new colors. The nautical design details include anchor-hued titanium blended with blue coral acetate, sandy shades modeled after the ocean floor, and more. These fresh frames go excellently with new spring trends and the pretty colors of spring. I especially love the clear colored glasses and how you can pair anything you want with them. With the variety of shapes and colors, you are bound to find a pair of glasses that you like. With that in mind, a bold way to wear your glasses if you are a girl is to pair them with bright pink or red lipstick and a cute hairstyle. Since glasses already make your face stand out, instantly make your eyes pop behind the lens by winging out your eyeliner and wearing an extra coat of mascara. On the other hand, men tend to wear very thin wire frames to try to make the glasses vanish off their face altogether. However, this is not the best look for every man’s face. Glasses are an expression of style and they become a part of one’s visual identity. But do not let your glasses completely define your style; keep them in their place. It is important to figure out what type of glasses suit your face shape and your style. Check out these awesome photos that Warby Parker sent me of these beautiful people modeling their new spring collection:
These lovely glasses, starting at the price of $95 are already available online, in stores, and in showrooms.
You can find them online at: https://www.warbyparker.com/eyeglasses
Thanks for reading!
I love to sleep as much as possible, a girl has to have her beauty sleep right? I try to save myself time in the morning with these tips so that I can get out my door in half an hour.
1) Pick out your outfit the night before. You might even want to try on the outfit the night before to make sure you like how it looks. You don’t want to put on the outfit in the morning only to spend an extra seven minutes picking out a new outfit.
2) Decide if you will wear makeup that day the night before. This may sound silly, but mentally telling yourself if you will or put on makeup the night before will save you any time that you would have spent contemplating if you should apply makeup or not.
3) If it is necessary, straighten your hair the night before instead of in the morning. Curling your hair the night before is debatable because curls will often loose their bounciness overnight, however straight hair usually remains straight the next morning.
4) Shower the night before. If you can stand not taking a ten minute shower to wake yourself up in the morning then opt for a shower before you go to bed.
5) Know what the weather will be the entire week so that you can choose your outfits based on the forecast.
6) Organize your closet. Divide your closet by putting the pants, skirts, and tights in one area, shirts in the other, and so on. This way, you will find it much easier and much faster to find where certain pieces of clothing are located.
Thanks for reading!