|This is a very controversial trend for many people. Even I struggle to decide if I like the way a designer chose to style fur on a runway.
Fur is very often seen on winter and fall runways. It is high fashion and you really have to be confident in yourself to wear it. I wasn’t really paying much attention to it this year until I noticed that many famous bloggers were rocking it! I was very inspired by the fashionistas who took the risk to wear fur. I thought that regular people don’t actually wear much fur but then I realized that I had to think again when I was walking the street and saw a woman wearing a cute fur vest over a black long-sleeve and black pants.
If you love fur but have no idea how to wear it then here are some tips for ya!
1. Fur goes naturally with leather, if you just look at the first picture. Try pairing your fur coat/vest with your leather pants/leggings or slip your leather jacket under the vest!
2. “For a powerful, masculine-inspired look influenced by the 30s and 40s pair a luxe fur coat with some tailored wide-legged pants” (fashionising.com)
3. Opt for flared or skinny jeans.
Real or fake, it does not matter. If you’re not comfortable wearing fur then don’t feel that you have to. And if you are comfortable wearing it, enjoy it whether its real or not. People who wear real fur love it for its luxurious feel and its reputation as a symbol of wealth and glamour. Faux fur is just much cheaper, and makes animal-rights sympathizers happy. I would not wear real fur if any of you were wondering).
If you are not comfortable with a full on fur coat or even vest then cut down to little pieces like scarves, hats, and fur lined boots or gloves. You can still add a cozy touch of fur to any outfit.
Personally, I would never wear go for the “all over” fur look. The giant fur coats are too much for me, but I do like it on others. I like the vintage vibe of fur coats and scarves. I think of the black and white movies that show the glamorous women wearing fur coats, hats, and etc. outside. Fur is timeless, even if you don’t like it, you must at least admire it. Fur has been fashionable ever since the world could remember.
I am a fan of fur…just not dyed and colored fur. Blue, red, or yellow fur that has made its way down many runways makes me scowl. To me, it looks ridiculous, crazy, and gross. I also do not find boots that are completely covered in fur flattering at all. Lets just add fur shorts to the list!
Many beautiful garments that looked great on their own turned into works of art when fur was attached to them.
I am speaking in the name of fashion and am simply reporting a trend that has always been, and will be.
Thanks for reading loves!
I am doing this post for all my guy friends-
Let me start off by talking about my favorite trends for guys.
- Striped Shirt (because I LOVE stripes)
Okay all this look requires is a striped long sleeved or short sleeved shirt with camel, black, or white pants, a simple belt, and cool sneakers. Or wear your striped shirt under a black leather jacket with dark jeans.
Take risks, like the guy below wore his simple shirt with green pants. The red stripe complements the green and it looks really hip and edgy. So try wearing a different shade of pants rather then your usual jeans!
Also it you can never go wrong with layers! So layer, layer, LAYER! For example, take your simple striped oxford shirt and wear it under your comfy sweater.
I love what the guy above did. He took a simple colored shirt and flipped the collar up under a maroon/purple(ish) colored shirt, and finished the look with a jean jacket. You may be surprised with how cool your layers can look. Also, never forget your sunglasses when you go outside!!
- Or simply take a collared shirt and wear it under a long sleeved shirt or blazer. Blazers always suit guys really well, but only wear them to special occasions.
I know you are not huge fans of these singers, (believe me I am not either) but take it from them, they know what they are doing! They are great trend setters for guys. Harry’s look is my favorite, and I am sure many of you agree with me. The black leather pants add edge and casualness to the bow tie that he wore with the pink shirt and gray cardigan. Notice how he flipped the ends of the sleeves up and over the cardigan. This is really stylish right now for both women and men.
- Just because you are a guy doesn’t mean you can’t wear pink!! Girls find the color pink on guys really attractive, and pink is a wonderful preppy color! Just wear a leather vest or jacket with it, to add some male flare. Only a real man can wear pink, as many ladies say!
Some DO NOT”S-
- Don’t wear Flip flops & socks.
- Don’t wear anything with “Old Navy” written on it, it just looks cheap and silly! Not stylish;)
- Can I just add don’t EVER use hair gel!
- Unless you are a model on a runway or going to the gym just don’t wear these horrid sports pants with the stripes on the side and that are like shiny or red in public.
- I know you love that sweatshirt, but try to wear it less…okay;)?
This is cool:
This is not:
- Don’t Sag. I don’t want to see your sponge bob boxers, no matter how cool you think they are. And you can’t walk anyway right?! Just pull your pants up!
Some more inspiration:
Thanks for reading! Don’t forget to comment!
To my wonderful followers: I really appreciate all of your support through out the past year!! Thank you so much, I love you guys ❤